Her Arms are Strong: New Title and Blog Makeover

I've been wanting to expand this blog to include life stuff outside of the spiritual things I learn. Now that I'm a momma, I want to dip my toes in the world of mommy blogging. It felt silly to put these topics in different blogs because these topics seep into each other in real life. Motherhood is spiritual. God is in everything. But not every post will necessarily be about God. So now everything is in one blog, but you can search by topics in the bar above, if you want.

The old title of this blog (This God Who Makes My Heart Explode with Happiness) was waaaay too long an only touched the "God Stuff" topic. Plus, a makeover isn't complete without a new title, so I did some brainstorming.

What title can cover everything I want to write about? Crunchy lifestyle, faith, motherhood, etc.

Then it hit me. I'm trying to cover a lot of ground here--and if anyone ever covered a lot of ground, it was the Proverbs 31 woman. So I looked up Proverbs 31 and tried out a few titles inspired by the verses, but they were all taken until I came up with "Her Arms are Strong" from verse 17. This one made me laugh because, if you know me, you know my arms aren't strong at all. I probably have the same amount of muscle mass in my arms as my seven-week-old son. But before I tossed the idea out, it grew on me. There's a bit of a theme in my life right now, and this fits perfectly.

A little over seven weeks ago, when I was in the second stage of natural, vaginal labor with my son, bearing down with all my might, I thought, "How is he supposed to fit through there? How am I going to do this? How how how?" Because it seemed impossible. When he was out and flopping around on my chest, the "impossible" was suddenly behind me.

By the next day, in the hospital, my arms, shoulders, armpits, and back were insanely sore from holding my baby for skin-to-skin and breastfeeding. My body wasn't used to holding a baby for so long like that, so it hurt while my body adjusted. But my body did adjust. My arms got stronger. And now I can hold my ten pound son in my arms for a while without feeling like he's heavy.

Still, I often think, "He's getting so big so fast! How will I be able to carry him when he's even bigger than this? What if we're in public, and he needs to eat, but there's nowhere for me to sit? How will I hold him?"

I'll be able to because, with every ounce he gains, my muscles adapt with more strength, and if they've done the job so far, they'll do it again tomorrow.


2 Corinthians 4:8 tells us,

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."  

2 Corinthians 12:9 encourages us with,

"And he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'"

Even if our arms feel weak, they can be used for strength. And, especially with God, our arms are never as weak as we think they are anyway. I'm so happy with "Her Arms are Strong" for this blog title because, for every area of life, there will be times when this doesn't feel true. And it'll be so fun to write about how wrong those feelings were in the end.

Want more content about crunchy momming with faith, gentleness, and boobs? Find Her Arms Are Strong on Facebook!  

Comments

Popular Posts