To the Infertile, from Someone on the Other Side

To the one struggling with infertility,

You're near to my heart because I used to be there, and I know how hard it is. Especially since Mother's Day is coming up and "mom" stuff stares you in your face in every store. Soon, Facebook will be filled with posts appreciating and celebrating moms. And you're sitting there with an ache in your core because you were born to be a mom and yet...you're not. You can't. For whatever reason, it's not happening for you. It isn't fair. It sucks. It rips you apart at least on a monthly basis.

From the other side of this lonely, ugly thing called infertility, I want you too know I still think about you. I hope for you. I pray for you. Even if I don't know you, I care so deeply because this thing connects us. No one can possibly understand what it feels like (even though they think they can) unless they've been through it. So we're connected by understanding. I'm holding my baby boy right now, and I can tell you that still, when I think about those dark days, I physically feel the agony. I remember the pain the same way I remember how my back felt after surgery to have rods fused next to my spine. I could argue the infertility pain is worse.

So during Infertility Awareness Week, during Mother's Day, and during a normal Wednesday night, my heart is with you. You're not alone.


Psalm 34:18 "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit."

***

You might also like...

Comments

Popular Posts